Introduction And Background
If you have ever seen your grandparents up close and have taken a good look at their skin, you might have seen some sort of hanging substance on their face or their neck or any other part of the body. You might have thought it is a wrinkle. You might have thought it is some sort of weird pimple. You might even have considered it to be something out of the ordinary or maybe something is actually growing on their skin. In reality, your grandparents are going through a simple case of skin tags. Now donâ€™t think that only grandparents get skin tags. You can get it too. It was only that it is most commonly seen in elderly people was this example given. Otherwise, donâ€™t think that this condition comes in old age only!
What Are Skin Tags?
With the above description, you might have figured out a little what skin tags are. They are actually small tags or flaps on the skin which grow but are not really a part of the actual skin. They are often of a different shade and are hardly ever bigger than a fingernail. Most of the skin tags are visible around the face and the neck while some may grow in areas which are covered by clothes.
Can Skin Tags Be Treated?
Yes, they can! That is the only good side to having this skin condition, it is one of the easiest to deal with. It is not like acne that you have to go through an entire treatment process for several months to get your skin to heal. Treating skin tags is easier because one only has to find a removal method or disappearance method for them. And skin tags are hardly accumulated in one area only. They are often seen scattered and there is quite some space between one skin tag and the other.
Treatment With Tea Tree Oil
This is perhaps the best treatment method to deal with skin tags. Think about it yourself, even the name sounds alluring! Tea Tree Oil is actually organic oil which contains vitamin E along with other such minerals and nutrients that have the ability to deal with skin tags and either disconnect them with the skin or treat them by making them less obvious. Treatment with Tea Tree Oil is often the best way to deal with skin tags and this is said by most people who have skin tags!
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Treat Skin Tags?
Using this oil to treat skin tags is not hard. You only have to do the following and you are on your way to a better skin surface!
- Go to a good market and get a bottle of Tea Tree Oil from there. Do not get the cheap version as sometimes quality also matters a lot. However, this oil is readily available and about ninety percent of the time you wonâ€™t have to specifically search for it in a particular market.
- Clear the surface of the skin where the skin tag is and gently take the Tea Tree Oil either on the tip of your fingers or on a clean cotton ball. The choice is yours.
- With either the finger or the cotton ball, massage the oil onto the skin tag in gentle circular moments. Do this for five to ten minutes.
- Sometimes people put a bandage or a duct tape on top of the skin tag so that the oil is completely absorbed in the skin tag and that when the duct tape or the bandage is taken off, the pull will also decrease the connection the tag has with the skin. This choice however is upto you. It isnâ€™t necessary that you put one on.
How Do Skin Tags Form?
You must be wondering how skin tags actually form on the skin. The answer is simple. Skin tags are formed due to friction. It can be friction of skin against skin, in case of old people with sagging skin or it can be because of friction of skin against clothes in cases of young people who get skin tags on their body. Obese people also get skin tags due to their skin forming layers due to fat.
A misconception is that treating skin tags or removal of one skin tag will cause more skin tags to form. This is wrong and not at all true. If you want to treat or remove your skin tags, you can and should do it without any false fear of more skin tags forming. If more skin tags do form somehow, it is because that place has a higher probability of formation and not because you were removing your tags. Hence, take up this natural treatment method and see the difference yourself in two to three weeks!
Incoming search terms:
- tea tree oil for skin tags removal