Introduction And Background
It remains a mystery and a myth whether or not that old remedies or the housewives tales actually work or not. We have been hearing about them for years and generations centuries ago have gone through the same thing. The truth is, there is something in those remedies that work. There are ways and methods devised out of natural stuff or actions you can perform yourself that deals with the problem. For instance, skin tag removal can be done right at home by folk remedies. They are not something alien out of this world but just a few instructions that if you follow, you can easily get rid of them.
What Is A Skin Tag?
Skin tag is not a very common name and even though you might have it, youâ€™ll still be confused as what to call it. Skin tags are actually small flaps of hanging skin from the actual skin that are connected through a connecting stalk. They are of a different skin color and are just the size of a finger nail. Not many have seen skin tags any larger than that.
Where Are They Found?
Skin tags are found around the eyelids, in the armpits. They are also found in the neck region as well as the genital areas. Sometimes they are even found in the areas between the legs. The basic reason of why skin tags are found in these areas is because of friction. That is one of the major reasons of why skin tags are formed. When friction is caused with skin against skin or skin against something else like clothes, most likely skin tags are formed. The other reason is genetics. If it is present in your genes and almost everyone in your family has it then probably you will have it too.
Can Skin Tags Be Removed?
Yes, skin tags can be removed. You do not have to worry about that. Skin tags can easily be removed by going to the doctor and zapping them away or you can remove them right at home by using folk remedies. However, skin tags are not at all harmful to the health or the body and their presence will not affect you in any way. The only reason of removal is that they are displeasing to the eye.
Folk Remedies To Remove Skin Tags
Here are a few folk remedies that will help you to remove skin tags. Read them carefully and follow the instructions as precisely as you can.
- The first step is to put your skin tag in warm water for about fifteen to twenty minutes. After having done so wait for the area to dry a little. Then take a cotton ball and soak it in some apple cider vinegar and place it on your skin tag for another fifteen minutes. After this time, wash your skin tag and then dry it again. You have to repeat the process until your skin tag vanishes.
- Take a tablet of aspirin and try dissolving it in about a single drop or two drops of water. A think paste will form. Apply the paste on to your skin tag and then cover it with a band-aid. You have to repeat this process two times in a day that is till your skin tag falls off.
- Some people also chew cashew nuts but do not swallow. They put the bolus of food on their skin tags for a long period of time until it finally falls off. It usually takes about a month.
- Take a little baking soda, about a single tea spoon and mix it with some water at the same level. Apply the paste on to your skin tag about four times a day at the maximum. Like all the other processes, you have to do this until your skin tag falls off.
- Take a little dental floss or any other thread and tie it around the start of the skin tag, the connecting stalk. It will stop the blood supply of that skin tag and it will fall off by itself after a few hours or even a day.
- As above, instead of dental floss just put duct tape on the skin tag tightly and wait for a few hours. Then remove the duct tape and most likely the skin tag will come off with it. Do not be harsh during the removing process as you do not want to injure your skin!
Folk remedies actually work and are a great way to save money. Not everyone can afford going to the doctor and having their skin tags removed. This is the perfect setting for people like that but do keep one thing in mind; folk remedies are great and successful but if the skin tag is in a sensitive area such as the genital area or even around the eyelids, it is better to go see a doctor rather than perform the procedure at home.